Thursday 2 February 2012

Love Nest!!!

Hello everyone!!!. I have to confess... I don't remember if I ever did a Valentine's card in my life. I'm not that hearts, red and pink kind of woman, but I had to admit I love doing this MFT Guest Designer project. This month they challenged us to make a project with LOVE and HEARTS. Well the prize is $200 dollars in stamps and dies so... for sure I don't want to miss that, plus you are invited for the next month to be a Guest Designer and play with their challenges the entire month!!!.

So here is my card:



Since I don't' make Valentine's cards much I didn't have any MFT stamps to play with (although they are not mandatory) and my son (that follows my bobbie all the time) told me: "Mom what about the birdhouse", he is my "human stamps file cabinet". So at that moment after kissing him I had this vision and I am very happy with the result. 

Here are some close ups:








For this card I used:

Cardstock: White from Recollections, Real Red and  Early Expresso SU
Designer Paper: Prints Pack from SU, I don't remember the one I used on the birdhouse, sorry!!!.
NO STAMPS
Accessories: Homespun Birdhouse die, By the Letters die and Branch and leaves die all from MFT. Martha Stewart Branch, Pine Branch and Hydrangea punches. Black rhinestones for their eyes from Michael's, Perfect dots embossing folder from SU and my sewing machine.

Thanks for looking!!!

7 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Oh my stars! Carolina this is absolutely jaw dropping gorgeous!! I'm IN LOVE!! This is a beauty through and through - so many elements, so much detail, your creativity is over the top! Look at those leaves!! Gahhhh! A STUNNER! This one is a showstopper! Blessings! x0x0

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh Girl! For someone who doesn't do valentines you sure created a beauty! Love all the detail... simply beautiful!

Liz Williams said...

This gingham and dots are just delightful on this adorable card, Carolina. I'll have to get over and check out that sale at Hambo's.

Payne Holler Cards said...

wow and no stamps!!! this is adorable.., hope you win the challenge(-:

Lela said...

WOW! Your card is FANTASTIC! I hope you get it and really, you should start making Valentines, this is beautiful, LOL

Heather B said...

I love this card!! I hope you win, you deserve it.

Michele Boyer said...

W-O-W. This is AMAZING! LOVE it!