Thursday 1 March 2012

Faith Group February Challenge!!!

Hello everyone!!!. The card I made is for our Faith Group challenge. This month our host Jackie challenged us to make a card with this instructions:


We all know that February is the month of LOVE so my challenge is for you to create something with LOVE in mind.....with a bit of a twist

Usually, the cards made during this month are all red, pink & white but I want you all thinking outside the box:

I want you to use NON TRADITIONAL colors to create your project

Your creation must be made with NATURE as the main theme....flowers, trees, mountains, water---you get the idea

Finally, I want to see at least 1 circle shape on your creation



I know it is a simple card compared it with the ones I've been doing. But it is not a traditional love colours and I wanted to use some neutral ones. It has been a while since I don't use neutral colours and also with this big stamp you don't have room to use DPs. But I like it!!!. I hope you like it too!!!

For this card I used:

Cardstock: Brown, cream and black from Recollections, Sahara Sand from SU
Ink: Early Expresso from SU
Stamps: Elements of Style and Perfectly Penned from SU
Accessories: my nail to do the distress border, circle Spellbinder and brads from Hobby Lobby.

Thanks for looking!!!

10 comments:

Liz said...

Love how you stamped your image on your circle , so elegant .

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Carolina! I love how you spotlighted the image!

Barb said...

What a pretty card--I love the spotlight!

MiamiKel said...

Oh my stars, this is elegant at it's finest, my friend! Just splendid! The spotlighted bird is just beautifully done - not too much, just perfect and your card just shines! Lovely example of nature that He has gifted to us - SUPER LOVELY!! Blessings, friend! x0x0

Jacquel said...

You did a wonderful job with this Carolina! I love the neutral colors you used....very nice work Hun & TFS!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely stunning! Love how you placed your bird on the circle!

Athina said...

I really like the muted tone! Very elegant!

Melina said...

Gorgeous! I love the way you used the circle Carolina! Your distressing really adds to this beautiful card :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

wow this is a vintage knock out! love it so much!!! beautiful spotlighted bird..

Liz Williams said...

Love this beautiful card. The contrasting circle is great.