Saturday 26 November 2011

Baby Jesus

...You see them when they are babies not having any idea what life would bring them... Well in this case His mother knew...not probably the whole thing at the beginning, but she knew that life for her little baby was not going to be easy. What an extraordinary role she played...and He was there...sleeping, not having a clue...only covered with LOVE. 
This card is for the Viva la Verve 4th week Sketch Challenge. It was a hard sketch but I loved it. This was a little more challenging than the ones that I have been trying but I love the result. I paper pierced (I guess is that what you call the technique) the cloth that is covering Baby Jesus and I sponge the shape with Crumb cake ink, love that touch too. I didn't use the bow, I thought I didn't have enough place and would look crowded.

For this card I used:

Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White from SU
Designer Paper: Lost and Found Christmas from My mind's eye
Stamps: Curly Cute and Miracle of Christmas from SU
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black to ink the image and Chocolate Chip from SU for the sentiment
Accessories::Brads from the Hodgepodge Hardware embellishment kit, Spellbinders and Photo corner punch from SU. Ribbon taffeta Chocolate chip from SU as well and I pierced the paper with the piercing kit from SU.

Here is the Sketch:

2 comments:

Melina said...

very pretty Carolina! I love the papers you used and the shading on your image :)

Heather B said...

Great use of the sketch!! The paper piecing looks fabulous. The patterned paper you used makes it look so warm.